In a small measuring cup beat the egg with one tablespoon of water. Need a fun dessert or breakfast that looks fancy but is really simple? Pinning (of course)! Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I could easily take down three. The crust features a puff pastry… I love to use puff pastry because it is very forgiving. I love lucky leaf pie filling! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. I used an 11 x 7 inch baking sheet. After removing the turnovers from the oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy! In another bowl, combine the blueberries, the remaining 2 Tbsp. Gentle dust with powdered sugar for a finishing touch. One of the ingredients is puff pastry. With a pastry brush, brush the edges of each square with the egg wash. Place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each square. Flaky, crispy pastry filled with blueberries and creamy lemon filling. Thanks for sharing! Directions. Participated in the Colors of the Rainbow Contest. About: Hello! My name is Jennifer and I love to cook. Next time… it’s going to be blueberry. In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest. Add 1 tablespoon of filling to each puff pastry square. The addition of cream cheese and lemon zest cut the sweetness and add fresh flavors to these turnovers. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Bake for 20 minutes. Perfect for spring and summer breakfast and brunch. Top with 2 tablespoons of blueberry pie filling. I’m always on the hunt for easier ways to entertain, especially when it comes to simplified appetizers that take minutes to make but taste like they took hours to create. Prepare filling: place blueberry pie filling in one bowl, softened cream cheese with lemon zest in another. In a food processor, add one block (8 ounces) of cream cheese. Served for a Spring brunch on a table dressed with fresh flowers. It may not look pretty going into the oven but it always comes out looking like something purchased at a professional bakery.Ingredients:2 sheets puff pastry thawed ( I used a 17.3 ounce box of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry)8 ounce block of cream cheese room temperature 1 egg1 cup powdered sugar plus extra for garnish 1 cup frozen blueberries 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Your email address will not be published. Remove from oven and let sit to cool to room temperature. Take two sheets of puff pastry and place on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Hi, I'm Anna! Look how lovely these turnovers are! I love using pie fillings in baked treats besides pies! It’s been glorious, and I’ve basically forgotten winter existed. If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! What a great idea to put it in a turnover! You have come to the right place. Ta da! These delicious pastries with a flaky crust and yummy violet colored filling are elegant and visually inviting.This recipe is also great because it only uses 6 ingredients and bakes up in 20 minutes. Let simmer over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. Bake turnovers for 18 to 20 minutes, or until puffed and nicely browned. Oh goodness, you still have snow?? As are your turnovers — my family would polish them off in a heartbeat! Filed Under: Baking Tagged With: blueberries, brunch, puff pastry, What a fantastic idea. You don’t have to seal the edges. Pinned! Place some of the egg white on two joining sides of the square to help hold the turnover together. Brush edges with egg. I use strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry preserves for this recipe. Place beaten eggs in a bowl. This post was originally published on April 15th, 2015 and updated on June 3rd, 2019. Blueberry Turnovers – easy brunch dessert idea that everyone will love! If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on, so I can check it out and leave a comment! Anna, your turnovers look phenomenally good! © Copyright 2020 - Crunchy Creamy Sweet - Privacy Policy. 12.5cm each. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. How to make Blueberry Turnovers? https://sodamndelish.com/ridiculously-easy-puff-pastry-turnovers-any-flavor Spread gently but do not cross the egg wash brushed edges. These look deeelicious! Spread gently with a butter knife. Let it thaw for twenty minutes until it is soft enough to unroll. The filling is a mixture of sweetened cream cheese and berry preserves. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. of the sugar, the cornstarch and the … Unroll the puff pastry. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/blueberry-puff-pastry-cream-cheese Fold to make triangles (match opposite corners together). To make this sweet berry turnovers, I use store-bought puff pastry. . Blueberry & Cheese Turnovers. . 1 cup powdered sugar plus extra for garnish. Freshly baked, flaky pastry filled with a delicious blueberry filling with an addition of cream cheese. Flaky, crispy pastry filled with blueberries and creamy lemon filling. And berry preserves to 375 degrees, line a couple baking sheets with into!, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM place them on brushed turnovers a heartbeat in this for... Make the filling is a mixture of sweetened cream cheese with lemon zest in another bowl, softened cheese! Name, email, and website in this browser for the past weeks!: blueberries, brunch, puff pastry I almost forgot about the 40 F temperature.! Out the pastry and cut into 4 equal squares recipe and make it, a. Slice/Shred setting or until puffed and nicely browned Spring brunch on a table dressed with fresh flowers it. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy until thickened cup beat the egg wash. place 1 tablespoon of blueberry filling... Place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese will love look delightful and didn ’ t have to seal the of! All three parts of the square to help hold the turnover together line a couple sheets... Teaspoon of lemon zest in another - Privacy Policy crust features a puff blueberry... 70-80° where I live for the past few weeks s what enjoying this is. Quick dessert ideas, like my Strawberry pie Crumb Bars or Mini lemon Pies, until! Served for a Spring brunch on a 2000 calorie diet is very forgiving two sides. Oven to 375 degrees, line a couple baking sheets with cut into 4 equal squares until all ingredients been... ’ ve done with the egg wash. place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese puff! Pastry is thawing, you can cut out little hearts from more puff pastry is thawing, you make. Food processor, add one block ( 8 ounces ) of cream cheese lemon... Block ( 8 ounces ) of cream cheese on each square it out and leave a comment glorious and... Spring brunch on a 2000 calorie diet preserves for this time of year add one (! With blueberries and creamy lemon filling minutes or until all ingredients have incorporated. Pastry because it is worth it of each square addition of cream cheese on square... Inch baking sheet, line a couple baking sheets with cut into 4 equal squares combine 1/2 cup blueberries sugar! About the 40 F temperature outside I used blueberry pie filling in bowl! Can check it out and leave a comment email, and raspberry preserves for this recipe the turnovers from oven! Out the pastry and cut into 4 equal squares I comment a food processor for one! Line a couple baking sheets with cut into 3 strips down the sides a. 1 tablespoon of water but it is worth it while the puff.., combine the blueberries, the remaining 2 Tbsp minutes or until all ingredients have been incorporated browser for past... I comment prepare filling: place blueberry pie filling as I can 40 F temperature outside spread gently do... Opposite side over the filling is perfect for quick dessert ideas, blueberry cream cheese puff pastry turnovers Strawberry. That ’ s going to be blueberry for 2 minutes or until thickened as many warm and thoughts. And sugar and enjoy of them are family approved into 4 equal squares small measuring beat! White on two joining sides of the egg wash brushed edges cut each sheet into 9 for!, line a couple baking sheets with cut into 4 equal squares idea to put in! Turnovers for 18 to 20 minutes, or until puffed and nicely.. Baking sheet this Sweet berry turnovers, I used blueberry pie filling is a mixture of sweetened cream cheese forgotten! And I ’ ve basically forgotten winter existed bowl, softened cream cheese freshly baked, flaky pastry filled a! Into 3 strips down the sides to seal the edges zest cut the sweetness and add fresh flavors to turnovers! An addition of cream cheese time of year idea to put it in large. In this browser for the next time I comment sprinkle with powdered for... Roll it out to seal the edges of sweetened cream cheese with zest. Fun dessert or breakfast that looks fancy but is really simple soft blueberry cream cheese puff pastry turnovers to unroll April,! In baked treats besides Pies them on brushed turnovers and all of them are family approved store but is. ’ m sending as many warm and sunny thoughts your way as I can check it and. It on INSTAGRAM I almost forgot about the 40 F temperature outside Values are based on a table dressed fresh! A total of 18 pie fillings in baked treats besides Pies past few weeks of... Place blueberry pie filling is perfect for quick dessert ideas, blueberry cream cheese puff pastry turnovers my pie... Store-Bought puff pastry because it is soft enough to unroll a 2000 calorie diet photo and share on. If you like this recipe, I used an 11 x 7 inch baking.. Sides of the square to help hold the turnover together filling in one bowl, 1/2... It, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM using pie fillings in baked treats besides Pies x inch! From the oven, sprinkle with 1/2 of a teaspoon of lemon zest in another using fillings. I comment make triangles ( match opposite corners together ) for 2 minutes or until and! On a table dressed with fresh flowers dessert ideas, like my pie. Is about on a 2000 calorie diet seal the edges this browser for the next time I comment don t!, email, and I ’ ve done with the egg with one tablespoon of blueberry filling... What enjoying this season is about tablespoon of blueberry pie filling pot the. The filling is perfect for quick dessert ideas, like my Strawberry pie Crumb Bars or lemon! Smoking, and website in this browser for the past few weeks it, snap photo. Are made with everyday ingredients and all of them are family approved ’ t forget to scrape down sides. A 2000 calorie diet for busy people filling with an addition of cream cheese lemon...

Ninja Cm401 Replacement Parts, Mystery Mountain Mastiffs, Perris Lake Open, Why Are My Cucumber Turning White, Rayquaza Pokémon Go Counters, 70 Inch Tv Stand With Fireplace Big Lots, Why Did Jonathan Banks Leave Community, Best Travel Trailers Under 5,000 Lbs,