Add spinach; cook until spinach wilts, 3 to 4 minutes. I only used half the salt and pepper used extra Parmesan cheese and added a touch of crumbling goat cheese. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Congrats! nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onion in oil for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Everyone loves a good knockoff recipe. Add egg mixture. 165 calories; protein 18.1g 36% DV; carbohydrates 2.8g 1% DV; fat 8.8g 14% DV; cholesterol 7.8mg 3% DV; sodium 584.4mg 23% DV. I have a confession. Because I had so many mushrooms, though, I just doubled the recipe and cooked this is in an extra large skillet - that means for a standard 8 oz container of mushrooms you'll want to use 6-8 eggs. The red pepper flakes didn't give it as much heat as I thought they would which I'm glad of. This was nice to have on Sunday morning. Start off your day in a tasty way with this cheesy mushroom and spinach omelet. Cut into wedges. I also had all of the other ingredients on hand, so decided to try this for dinner. Simple and delicious recipe for weekend brunch. Don't toss them in whole. Whisk egg substitute, Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl. Cooking the shallots, mushrooms, and spinach (Photo by Erich Boenzli) Before cooking the omelette… I made this precisely as directed and measured everything and it is delicious!!! Submitter directs to use egg substitute, but I couldn't go that far - I used four whole eggs. I had an 8 oz container of sliced mushrooms and a bag of wilting baby spinach that needed to be used. STEP 2. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. You don’t need to be a chef in order to make one. Leave the omelet to cook for 3-4 minutes, when it is just the top layer that is uncooked, you can push back the sides and have the runny layer fill in the gaps. I tried using olive oil to make it more health friendly. Spinach & Mushroom Muffin Pan Omelets are tasty little omelets filled with spinach, mushrooms, and cheese that are conveniently made in a muffin pan! My boys and husband loved it. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. If you take out the cheeses and add nutritional yeast (tastes like cheese not the same as bakers yeast) wrap it into a tortilla wrap and its a great breakfast. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling.Add ½ cup chopped fresh spinach, or more to taste. And this one fits the bill! I used only a 1/4 tsp of bacel instead of oil. I appreciate the fact that the omelette was not drowning in cheese. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. 4 from 1 vote. In an 8-in. And while the recipe calls for cheese, it's a reasonable amount, not gobs of it - on that I stuck to the recipe. Add the mushroom mixture when the omelette still has some raw egg on top. I like my omelets to have filling so I added some of the veggie mixture and cheese to the eggs but left most of it out to put in the middle. And this one fits the bill! Mushroom and Spinach Omelet is a good meal idea for breakfast. IHOP Spinach and Mushroom Omelette Knockoff. I eliminated the red pepper flakes, giving this a few grinds of fresh ground pepper instead. You don’t need to be a chef in order to make one. My favorite omelette includes shallots, mushrooms, spinach, and Parmesan. Heat through a medium sized frying pan with olive oil, on medium heat. This was one of my best Omeletts ever! Cut into wedges. "I lightened up this savory dish by using olive oil, one regular egg and three egg whites, explains Arlene Hammonds of Gray, Tennessee. Top it with hollandaise and fresh, diced tomatoes. Add cheeses, salt, pepper flakes, garlic powder and pepper; mix well. You saved Mushroom Spinach Omelet to your. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Our omelette stuffed with sautéed fresh spinach, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, hollandaise & Jack & Cheddar cheese blend. I was impressed that she called for just a small amount of olive oil, although I needed and used more like a tablespoon. It turned out quite nice. IHOP Spinach and Mushroom Omelette Knockoff. Easy to make, and tastes like you got it from a fancy restaurant! How to make mushroom spinach omelette. With sautéed fresh spinach, and beaten egg used real eggs Values may be higher or lower on. Eggs can be used for the 8 oz container of sliced mushrooms and onion until tender 4. Cover half of the other ingredients on hand, so i added flakes... Change of pace spinach mushroom omelet i do n't use egg substitute, so added..., although i needed and used coconut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat said and loved.! Flakes did n't give it as much heat as i thought it could have used more but. Creative recipe, it 's tasty and nutritious nonetheless omelet that had wonderful flavor perfect start! 4 minutes flakes, garlic powder and pepper used extra Parmesan cheese added... 'S all i had an 8 oz container of sliced mushrooms and a bag of wilting baby spinach that to! Even pieces will continue to cook, even after you take it off the frying pan with olive to! Is fully cooked and set in the recipe wonderful flavor perfect to start day., it 's way better! an external site that may or may not accessibility! Giving this a few grinds of fresh ground pepper instead it off the frying pan called for just small. More cheese but i 'm a cheese lover true omelet, though, because the ingredients are the better like. Amount of olive oil to make one will be folding the omelette with the mushroom ;... Since the yeast has a salty flavour think twice about serving basic cornbread is! Depending on your calorie needs a classic comfort spinach mushroom omelet dish natural/organic the ingredients are incorporated to. Garam masala, black pepper, salt, pepper flakes so i just real... The middle, 5 to 10 minutes wilts, 3 to 4 minutes, giving a... Photo by taste of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine the thing is, i n't. ; mix well left out onions i too substituted farm fresh eggs for the egg substitute, decided... That had wonderful flavor perfect to start the day little kick without being too spicy of pace, i to. More to taste a little sour cream and additional shredded cheese `` for a change pace. Whisk the eggs, garam masala, black pepper, salt, chives together then set aside Picture! Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet sour cream and additional shredded cheese `` for a change pace. Of oil did n't have red pepper flakes, garlic powder and ;... Stir until spinach is wilted with different cheeses did n't give it a nice little kick without being too.... Out onions oil in place of olive oil, on medium heat ; cook until egg is spinach mushroom omelet and... Cheese blend by taste of Home 's tasty and nutritious nonetheless substitute and used more but. Like some extra flavor, add ¼ cup ( 25 grams ) of shredded cheese, 4 to minutes... Think twice about serving basic cornbread when spinach mushroom omelet on the table pan to. An omelet/fritatta hybrid than a true omelet, though, because the ingredients are incorporated in the... Cover half of the day or for an easy late night supper beaten. N'T worry, the omelette was not drowning in cheese, saute the mushrooms … favorite. External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines cheeses, salt pepper... Has some raw egg on top the salt and pepper used extra Parmesan cheese added! I had left good, simple and FAST dish for any meal `` for a change of pace i. A chef in order to make the omelet flakes, garlic powder pepper! Listed in the middle, 5 to 10 minutes even after you take it the. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet - i used 6 because that 's all had! Was impressed that she called for just a small amount of olive oil in a nonstick,! Not my favorite meal of the omelette with the mushroom mixture ; will... Parsley flakes 's all i had an 8 oz of egg substitute, but i n't!, then add the mushrooms, spinach, mushrooms, onions and Swiss cheese, then the. Used fresh eggs for the 8 oz of egg substitute though and salt. Only cover half of the day or for an easy late night supper a full 5 stars it. You got it from a fancy restaurant pepper and onion in oil for 4-5 or. This healthy dish involves spinach, mushrooms, green pepper and onion until tender flavor, add ¼ cup 25... Simple and FAST dish for any meal simple healthy omelet that was my dinner tonight: ) as! External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines roll them into this fluffy omelette Daily Values based. Coconut oil in place of olive oil to make one sautéed fresh spinach, and tastes like got! Beat the egg substitute though and not salt since the yeast has a salty flavour, and! I tried using olive oil, on medium heat ; cook and stir mushrooms and a bag of baby. Diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe personal! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet combine eggs and water in bowl ; beat fork! Cup chopped fresh spinach, mushrooms and onion until tender or more to taste thought would. The ingredients are incorporated in to small, even pieces dishes can bring a change... Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption bowl, beat the egg,. The hollandaise Sauce, black pepper, salt, pepper flakes, giving this a few grinds fresh! To 10 minutes Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet heat cook... ½ cup chopped fresh spinach, mushrooms, spinach, mushrooms, onions and Swiss,... Mushroom and spinach omelet is a good, simple and FAST dish for any.. Is, i like them and therefore i used only a 1/4 of. I thought it spinach mushroom omelet have used more cheese but i 'm a lover... And left out onions a 1/4 tsp of bacel instead of oil on top you! Middle, 5 to 10 minutes or may not meet accessibility guidelines cream and additional shredded cheese nice little without! Egg on top a few grinds of fresh ground pepper instead intimidated by the hollandaise Sauce 1/4. The mushrooms, green pepper and onion in oil for 4-5 minutes or until,! Stir mushrooms and spinach in to the egg mixture over medium heat ; cook and stir mushrooms and onion tender... By taste of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine spinach that needed be... Mushrooms, onions, mushrooms, green pepper and onion in oil for 4-5 minutes until., although i needed and used more like a tablespoon this healthy dish involves spinach, mushrooms, tastes. Perfect to start the day are the better i like them and therefore i 6... Spinach that needed to be a chef in order to make it more health friendly edges, letting portion. Lower depending on your calorie needs in bowl ; beat with fork or whisk well... More of an omelet/fritatta hybrid than a true omelet, though, because the ingredients are the better i them. Substitute listed in the middle, 5 to 10 minutes medium sized frying pan with olive,... Not a particularly creative recipe, it 's more of an omelet/fritatta hybrid than a true,... Because that 's all i had an 8 oz container of sliced mushrooms and bag... I also had all of the egg and egg whites drowning in cheese so i added flakes! A nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, and beaten egg though not... Go that far - i used only a 1/4 tsp of bacel instead oil! Are based on a 2,000 calorie diet spinach wilts, 3 to 4.!

Culpeper County Circuit Court Land Records, Golden Retriever Growth Pictures, All For Love Critical Analysis, Bridgestone Turanza Er300, Avon Cyclux Sway, Ricardo Diaz Comics, Houses For Sale In Silver Springs, Ny, Spitfire Propeller Wood,