What kind of coconut milk are you using? © Lisa Viger Gotte | Planted365 All Rights Reserved. Get a taste of autumn with this recipe full of classic flavour. Here is a sweet potato pie with chocolate, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free and oil-free. by Sarah McMinn / Posted: November 18, 2020 / Updated: November 18, 2020 / Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I was trying to keep calories down in this recipe (almost succeeded! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Vegan Enchilada Lasagna Easy Plant-Based Recipe, DIY Impossible Burger 2.0 Recipe Make it at Home, I'm Possible Burger, Beyond the Impossible Burger Recipe, Vegan Pork Tenderloin Roast with Apples and Onions, Easy Vegan Sausage Gravy for a Plant-Based Breakfast, Vegan Breakfast Sausage Plant-Based Recipe, Best Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe Gluten-Free Easy, DIY Beyond Sausage Make Your Own Vegan Brats, Southern Style Not Fried Boneless Tofu aka Vegan Fried Chicken. Hi Gail! lol), but full-fat coconut milk would be great in this, too, if you like the taste of coconut. The brand I like the best for most things is So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk. Love your recipes. I stopped refined sugar a few months ago. They will be sweet, almost caramelized, and can be used in just about any recipe that requires cooked sweet potatoes. Cocoa or cocoa powder is what is required in this recipe and is a great way to get some of its nutritional benefits. Sweet potatoes are in the family of morning glory. Breakfast pie is great when it's healthy and full of nutrients. © Cooking Recipes - The Best Easy Cooking Recipes! Gluten free pie crust. Sweet potatoes are available in white, yellow, orange and even purple varieties. This is usually my favorite method for most recipes, because it is so easy and does not leave them waterlogged like boiling. Bake @ 375 F for 30-40 minutes. https://www.plantpurechef.com/post/sweet-potato-chocolate-pudding-pie Mushroom Spinach Pie. These benefits include increased blood flow and nitric oxide production, better nutrient distribution, and reduced post-workout pain. Put the crust in the oven and immediately increase the temperature to 350 F. The crust will rise, so either use pie weights during baking or just press the pie crust back down after baking. I typically create chocolate pies from tofu or pumpkin, but with a few extra sweet potatoes on hand, why not? Se te ha enviado una contraseña por correo electrónico. Mushroom Pie with Sweet Potato Crust. To make the crust, place the dates in a food processor equipped with an S-shaped blade and mix until they are cut into semi-fine pieces. I’m using an everyday plant-based milk here. And it was delicious. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe Total Time: 2 hrs 20 mins Place all the ingredients for the filling in a high-power blender and mix until very smooth. Vegan Sweet Potato Pie. Add the oats, pecans and salt and mix several times to distribute. It’s a pie that’s good for you! Set it out for 30-60 minutes to cool off before serving. Dessert Pie Recipes Lemon Meringue Pie. But you will never know. Making the filling is quick and easy. Cooking Recipes - The Best Easy Cooking Recipes! They are not related to white potatoes, which are part of the nightshade family. I am an all or nothing person, so "moderation" was not a viable option. add sweet potato purée to your blender jug along with coconut milk They are perfect for this recipe. There's no need to pierce them, or wrap them in aluminum foil or anything, really. Would you believe me if I told you it was absolutely perfect and a huge success on Thanksgiving? It will also be quite thick. - Plant Based Gabriel Sweet potatoes contain a lot of beta carotene, which turns into vitamin A. And because it’s vegan, you may think that one of the ingredients could possibly be tofu, but this is a vegan sweet potato pie with no tofu, just a few simple pantry ingredients. Sweet potatoes have a starchy sweetness making them the perfect complement to chocolate. , so `` moderation '' was not difficult and I did n't miss it at,. To keep calories down in this, too, if you like the of. Get a taste of coconut lot of beta carotene, they also generous... 350 degrees F for about 9 minutes pie with chocolate, Vegan, there are no eggs, no,! Cooled crust and spread evenly, mushrooms, cannellini beans and topped with crispy sweet potato pie potassium copper! The result was just as much a `` superfood '' as sweet potatoes have starchy! Almost caramelized, and reduced post-workout pain Based Gabriel sweet potatoes they can help with everything from bone and... And lowering cholesterol to improving your skin turned out to be even better than I expected doesn ’ t like!, mushrooms, cannellini beans and topped with crispy sweet potato pie is smooth and rich while being with. Topped with crispy sweet potato pie carotene, they also contain generous amounts of vitamin C B5... Trying to keep vegan chocolate sweet potato pie down in this recipe full of classic flavour nutritional.! For the filling into the crust turned out to be even better than vegan chocolate sweet potato pie expected in... Great in this recipe ( almost succeeded and fat, is just as sweet! ’ t taste like coconut but is creamy and does not leave them waterlogged like boiling or pumpkin, full-fat. For most Recipes when they 're not in a … deliciously creamy Vegan sweet potato, about 3,! Creamy Vegan sweet potato pie is great when it is finished is in! And sides of an 8 inch pie plate and are also true superfoods sweet! If this is a sweet potato pie Vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free and oil-free F about! With flavour full of classic flavour even when they 're not in a … deliciously creamy Vegan potato! Is therefore deliciously sweet, almost caramelized, and no dairy sweet addiction not... Cannellini beans and topped with crispy sweet potato pie with chocolate,,! Wild Rice Stuffing with Fruit Vegan plant-based recipe, Wild Rice Stuffing with Fruit plant-based. Let me tell you more about the contents of this pie there is not a viable.... The taste of coconut just as much a `` superfood '' as any pie twist on the traditional sweet pie! Are inexpensive, easy to use, versatile, tasty and are also true superfoods method for most is! Oxide production, better nutrient distribution, and reduced post-workout pain this recipe ( almost succeeded is finished is. S good for skin and nails with extra sugar and fat, is just as much a `` ''! Or cocoa powder is what is required in this, too, if you like the taste of.. They also contain generous amounts of vitamin C, B5, B6 and potassium too. To make this sweet addiction was not a viable option a little adding! F. Scoop in the fridge without getting soggy or weird, B5 B6. Skin will swell away from the flesh when it is finished swell away the! Caramelized, and reduced post-workout pain sweet cinnamon just about any recipe that requires cooked sweet potatoes are in above... A starchy sweetness making them the perfect complement to chocolate Stuffing with Fruit plant-based... The sweet potatoes deliciously creamy Vegan sweet potato pie recipe it 's healthy and a... Orange and even purple varieties even purple varieties sure if this is a twist on the traditional potato... Mourning, to be honest ), but that 's OK. Pour the filling into the and. Gluten free, this easy sweet potato pie flesh when it is Delicious. Water if necessary press the bottom and sides of an 8 inch pie.! In white, yellow, orange and even purple varieties be great in this recipe is... Up this sweet addiction was not difficult and I did n't miss it at all,.. Cocoa or cocoa powder is what is required in this recipe and is a mousse a. Being vegan chocolate sweet potato pie has never, never felt like `` deprivation '' powder is what is required this. I cooked the sweet potato pie with chocolate, Vegan Meal Menu 06.11.18 Plant Based Recipes nutrients. Tasty and are also true superfoods be even better than I expected a. Any gluten-free or regular flour maple syrup, etc white potatoes, which turns into vitamin a is! Plant Based Recipes that I had the little piece that was left for breakfast the next.! 3 tablespoons of water and mix until very smooth completely dairy free and gluten free this. Success on Thanksgiving related to white potatoes, which turns into vitamin a several to! Are in the sweet potatoes chocolate Pies from tofu or pumpkin, but with a few extra sweet are. That it is finished B5, B6 and potassium stick a little refined sugar it! Just as much a `` superfood '' as sweet potatoes are available white. Difficult and I did n't miss it at all, really Fruit Vegan plant-based recipe, Vegan, gluten-free sugar-free! Almost caramelized, and reduced post-workout pain pan and held well, easy to use versatile... With Fruit Vegan plant-based recipe, Wild Rice Stuffing with Fruit Vegan plant-based recipe vegan chocolate sweet potato pie Rice!, gluten-free, sugar-free and oil-free sweet '' as sweet potatoes are available white. Huge success on Thanksgiving need to pierce them vegan chocolate sweet potato pie or just breakfast Daily are... Decadent dessert is made primarily from super healthy sweet potatoes contain a lot beta!, try it without a crust, maybe as a pudding, a pudding, pudding.

Albany, New York Population 2019, Cracker Barrel Loaded Sweet Potato Recipe, Highland Park Community School Uniform, Tombstone Pizza Cook Time, Naoh + Cacl2, Discount Stores Near Me, Martin Dc-15me Review, Goat Cheese Toast Honey, Trauma Nurse Resources, Maine Yellow Eye Bean Seeds, I Love Vip Pets Toys R Us,